Speaking & Teaching
Dr. Julie Shannon’s 15 years of experience in church lay leadership, teaching, and speaking includes workshops, retreats, classes, sermons, and large group presentations. She utilizes writing, teaching, speaking, and coaching to encourage others in the defining steps of life realities. Experiences in infertility, childlessness, singleness and other challenges inspire her to share solutions and stories to equip others to have and to offer hope, community, and a new perspective on life.
Julie earned an undergraduate degree in Radio/TV Communication from Stephen F. Austin State University, a Master in Christian Education degree from Dallas Theological Seminary and a Doctor of Educational Ministry degree from DTS as well. She is a Tri Delta alum, former board member of a community nonprofit, and currently serves on the board of the Association for Women in Ministry Professions in a marketing capacity. She is a contributor to the book Invitation to Educational Ministry: Foundations of Transformative Christian Education by George M. Hillman Jr. and Sue G. Edwards.
- Dropping Baggage & Picking up Purpose
- God’s Plan for Life
- Involuntary Childlessness
- Light in the Darkness
- Living a together Life; True Church Family
- Making Sense Out of Sadness
- Peace and Security in the Midst of Chaos and Fear
- Practical Compassion for Life Realities
- Surprised by God
- Unequipped: God’s Use of the Imperfect to Accomplish His Perfect Will
- Waiting Well: Confident Action
- Why in the World Are We Here
- Women in Pain
Contact Me About Speaking
Contact me if you’re interested in having me speak to your group.